Alja-Safe® is the world’s first alginate that does not contain crystalline silica (a known carcinogen). Alja-Safe® is perfect for making single-use molds of the face, hands and other body parts. Alja-Safe® is easy to use and cures quickly. It reproduces fine detail and makes an excellent temporary mold – good for one or two reproductions of any body part. You can then cast plaster, Matrix® NEO® (polymer modified gypsum) or Smooth-Cast® 300Q ultra-fast urethane resin into the mold to make a reproduction. For making re-usable molds of any body part, use Body Double® silicone rubber.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these materials safe to use?
- Can I cast hot wax into an Alja-Safe® alginate mold?
- Definitions of Technical Terms
- Which mold material reproduces better detail for life casting applications, Alja Safe alginate or Body Double silicone?
- Why is Alja Safe alginate better than Body Double for life casting?