Our Materials Spotlight™ series is an informal get together of people who want to know more about materials and processes. It won’t take long and our goal is to educate. You will meet people just like you and we often get contributions from industry pros that add value to the conversation. We welcome any and all comments.
|When:||December 6, 2019; 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm|
|Where:||13700 Diplomat Dr, Farmers Branch 75234|
|Cost:||$20.00 Per Person|
- Water-based (Laguna clay)
- Oil-based (Sculptex, Chavant, Monster Clay)
- Sulfur-based vs. sulfur-free
- Different hardness’ available.
- Softening hard clays using heat or small lamps.
- No melt – for sculpting.
- Melt (for casting, especially lifecasting).
- Tools / Techniques for working with clays.
- Why use one tool or another?
- Making molds off clay – compatible mold materials; sealer & release agent necessary?
- Is clay reusable?