Important: Must be 18 years or older to participate. In demonstrating techniques for mold making and casting, we emphasize safety and provide adequate ventilation in our classroom. However, we use materials that may affect certain individuals. If you are pregnant, suffer from breathing disorders (such as asthma) or are sensitized to urethane or epoxy resins, you should not take this class.There are no more spaces available for this event.
Presented in an easy-to-understand Slideshow/Demo format, this seminar will introduce you to:
- Different Materials Available for Making Molds
- Different Mold Making Techniques
- Once You Have Your Mold, What Can You Pour Into It To Make a Copy
- Casting Options – Make Your Plastic Castings Look Like Metal, Wood, Stone and More!
- Secrets to Being Successful in Using These Materials
Making a rubber mold of an original model allows you to make one or more perfect reproductions of that original. Molds are used daily for hundreds of applications including:
- Reproducing Sculpture
- Casting Plaster
- Casting Resin
- Candle Making
- Prototype Model Making
- Movie Special Effects
…and much more!