Vacuum chambers are for removing air from high viscosity materials like silicone rubber before pouring. They are also ideal for vacuum degassing liquid plastics such as Crystal Clear® plastic for making bubble free castings. Available in 1 gallon and 5 gallon sizes, the larger vacuum chamber is made from tough aluminum, the lid is made from shatter resistant acrylic and features a rubber gasket that creates a positive, air tight seal for maximum vacuum. It can accommodate up to a 5 gallon pail. Vacuum pump not included.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to vacuum de gas the silicone rubber? Is vacuuming the rubber that important?
- How can I avoid bubbles in my casting?
- I recently obtained a vacuum chamber and pump to get the air out of my silicone rubber. When I vacuum the material (after mixing Parts A + B), my silicone takes forever to de-air and I still end up with some bubbles in my silicone rubber. Is this normal?
- Is there a way around investing in a vacuum pump and vacuum chamber?
- Why are there bubbles on the surface of my rubber mold?